Listen in as David chats with Dana Jacoby, a thought leader and consultant in the healthcare industry.
Dana begins by explaining how she was initially attracted to the healthcare field, and shares details about the first part of her career at large multi-national healthcare firms. She then describes the origins of her firm Vector Medical Group, including her motivation to launch the firm.
Next, David and Dana discuss the current state of the healthcare industry, including the impact of technology and consolidation, and her bullish view of the industry, focusing on innovation. Dana also comments on specific specialties that she believes are at the beginning of significant changes, and how physicians in those specialties can take advantage of opportunities.
David and Dana conclude with Dana’s two key pieces of advice for physicians looking to thrive in the changing healthcare environment.
What You’ll Learn:
- Dana’s family background that naturally led her into healthcare
- What Dana learned working at firms like General Electric (healthcare), Johnson & Johnson and Allergan
- How Dana sold a company to private equity after leaving corporate positions
- Dana’s thinking behind launching her firm Vector Medical Group
- Dana’s impressions of the state of the healthcare industry, including the impact of technology and consolidation
- Why Dana is bullish on the future of healthcare and the physician’s role in it
- Which specialties Dana views as just beginning to offer more opportunities
- Why physicians in all specialties should see value in their practices
- Dana’s two key pieces of advice for physicians looking to thrive in the changing healthcare environment