In this episode, David interviews Dr. David Goldberg, a dermatologist, attorney, law professor and dermatology fellowship director.
Dr. Goldberg discusses his motivation to become a physician, his experience in joining a private practice out of training, and the decision to leave that practice and go out on his own. He then explains his choice to go to law school at night, and offers his advice as an attorney to fellow physicians regarding liability and asset protection.
Finally, Dr. Goldberg discusses the recent merger of his practice into a larger dermatology group and his new position in the group.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Dr. Goldberg wanted to become a physician
- What he learned at a private practice and why he left to form his own practice
- Dr. Goldberg’s decision and motivation to go law school, while practicing dermatology
- His two tips on avoiding malpractice liability and dealing with being sued, as an attorney-physician
- Dr. Goldberg’s thoughts on the importance of asset protection and his experience being sued in connection with a clinical trial
- What motivated Dr. Goldberg to merge his practice into a large group
- His new role in Schweiger Dermatology
- Dr. Goldberg’s One Piece of Advice for young physicians