Listen in as David chats with nationally recognized healthcare attorney Jason Greis about all things related to ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs). Jason provides an overview of his firm and practice and then outlines some benefits of ASC ownership for physicians, along with some trends he is seeing in the marketplace.
Jason then explains the restrictions that can limit ASC involvement for physicians and describes the types of doctors or groups that may not be a good fit for ASC ownership. David and Jason then discuss four common pitfalls physicians might encounter when starting a new ASC, how payors are dealing with ASCs, and what Jason sees in terms of joint ventures these days.
Jason then speaks to financial returns for an ASC, including ROI and valuation multiples, and concludes with pearls of advice for physicians considering an ASC launch and those already involved with one.
What You’ll Learn:
- What Jason’s practice and his law firm focus on and their experience
- 3 reasons why physicians might consider owning an ASC
- Trends he is seeing in the ASC marketplace
- What types of doctors or groups may not be a good fit for ASC ownership
- The top four planning mistakes he sees physicians make when launching an ASC
- Why hospital and management company joint ventures are not all created equal
- How payors look at ASCs
- A reasonable ROI range for an ASC; as well as valuation multiples
- Jason’s “pearls” – both for physicians considering an ASC launch and those already owning one